Monday, December 29, 2008

Next PVT Meeting Coming Up - Jan 10th

Date: Saturday, Jan 10, 2009.
Time: 1:00-4:00pm.
Speaker: Representative from the Army Corps of Engineers’ Rock Island office.
Location: At the Bijou Theater in the IMU. Bijou seats 150 and parking will be available in the IMU ramp.

The resovoir is already more than 2 feet higher than it was a year ago after record snowfalls - could this be a sign for this spring's flood?

12/31/2007 06:00 683.35 elevation (ft) verses 12/29/2008 06:00 685.60 elevation (ft)

Questions for the Corps:

1. What is the Corps of Engineers doing/going-to-do to minimize the chances of another flood in PVT in Spring 2009?

2. Some engineers have estimated that had the Corps released 18,000 cfs starting May 23rd or so then water may have not gone over the spill way. Is that correct?

Please submit your questions for the Corp by Dec 30th if possible!

2 comments:

jlarson said...

Hi, my name is Jacob Larson, I live on Manor Drive. You may have seen me out fixing lawnmowers,or snowblowing. Anyway, I recently created a DVD of flood photos that I had taken and the movie turned out to be really great. I would like to make a neighborhood DVD of all our photos, this DVD would be free for all who want it. If you decide to send in photos, I will site you, or your family, at the bottom of the screen as the photos pass by. If privacy is an issue, I will be happy to site it "anonymous."
Photos:
Please send in any and ALL photos that you wish to share, don't hesitate! These photos can be from any time during the flood, and from anywhere in the city. Even though this would be a neighborhood DVD, the flood affected the entire city, so please send photos of other parts of the city also.
Note:
I will make three segments in the movie: Pre-Flood, During the Flood, and Post-Flood. There will be plenty of room for everyone's photos, so please send them in.
I will also be accepting video clips!

Please send pictures or video clips to:

lazzarafreak@yahoo.com

Thank you!!
Jacob Larson

jlarson said...

Sorry not to include this in the last note, but if you have any questions, please send them to my email, or call me at 319-530-7548 (cell)

Thank you!
Jacob Larson