Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Electrical Info

Electrical Info - to get electric back on for fans, sump pumps, power washers, etc. - You can get a temporary outlet installed. It may cost 100 to 200 bucks. Then be sure to get an estimate - if you can find someone interested in giving you one. I called several large contractors in the area and many were not interested. One contracted quoted me 10,000 grand to get my power back on (for a 1,200 square foot house). I did bump into contractor today (who was looking for a different residence) and he installed the temp outlet. I should have power tomorrow. I'll update this tomorrow to let you know for sure.

Apparently, the city is requiring the house to be re-wired and electrical outlets replaced if the water was more than approx 20 inches (or if the wire that runs between outlets was underwater) - You should get an estimate on this from more than one contractor to get an accurate figure.

Hope this helps, Bob

No comments: